If you have any type of project or business on the Internet, you undoubtedly want to appear in the most relevant positions of search engines. And although the process is laborious for competitiveness, there are ways to win the best positions in the search engine.
Why improve Google’s location on your site?
Conquering the best positions in Google means that your online business will receive a much greater number of visits and, consequently, it can be indicated to many more users. This leads to get more out of all this visitor movement.
Google is currently the most widely used search engine in the world. It corresponds to 94% of all organic (unpaid) traffic received by sites that are well ranked there. So, you are correct if you want to appear in the best positions in the search engine.
Also, the top three positions listed on search results pages together are known to have over 60% of all traffic received on the internet.
Therefore, this is where you should want to appear with your project on the web, be it a website, blog or online store.
How to improve the ranking of my site in Google?
There are some very specific techniques and ways you can use to improve the overall ranking of your website pages on Google. Here are the best tips to get started today, and get your website ranked higher as soon as possible.
Tip 1: analyze the overall performance of your site
Identify the elements that may be preventing your project from reaching the most accessed positions in Google. To do this, you can explore tools to monitor and evaluate pages.
The job of these tools is to go through all the programming of a domain and identify the most and least optimized parts. In addition, they point out the main flaws and suggest possible improvements.
Tip 2: increase the performance speed of your website
One of the main Google ranking factors is the loading speed of a page.
There are some practices that you can do to make your online business run better and be search engine friendly.
The most immediate are:
- Image optimization. It is related to the size and amount of space that your website images occupy on the hosting server. Use lightweight formats like GIF (animations), PNG (vectors) and JPEG (photos in general). Also, you can use compactors like Optimizilla, TinyPNG and JPEGmini.
- Uninstall unnecessary features. A website needs themes, plugins, resources, and features to stand out on the Internet. But having many of them installed at the same time can leave you overwhelmed. Disable what you don’t need and you’ll remove the load from the hosting storage server.
- Use CDN. Content delivery networks are a group of global servers that, interconnected, streamline the delivery of content, data, and information quickly and securely. They optimize this exchange of connections over the Internet and improve the user experience for a specific domain.
- Quality web hosting. Choosing the hosting service that suits your needs can be difficult. The ideal is to hire a brand specialized in storing user data safely, maintaining the speed of access and constant performance of the service.
Tip 3: write and publish quality content
Content is the written part of any website. Be it a news portal, a blog or an online store, what you write on your pages should be informative.
Quality content is content that is naturally recognized by search engines as something that can be offered as a suggestion of information to users.
The better it is written, the more it will help the visitor answer a question and the better it will optimize for a keyword, thus generating more chances for the site to improve its ranking in Google.
Tip 4: optimize SEO on your website
This practice brings together a number of techniques that optimize the pages and content of a website to be more friendly to Google crawlers. And thus, be indicated and positioned in the best search results.
SEO optimization can be done in several ways. Some of the most common practices are found in the text of the website, in the internal settings of the main pages and even in the images. And, depending on the level of quality of optimization, it is possible to improve the ranking of the website by combining all these variables.
Some of the most basic SEO tips for website optimization are:
- Choose keywords. It is important to define keywords that have to do with the searches that your potential audience makes. So, how can you create and target content that exactly responds to your main difficulties and problems. Considering this scheme, it doesn’t make sense to choose random keywords that are not related to your business.
- Insert those keywords in the pages. Once you have chosen your keywords, you must place them in strategic locations on your site. They are in the internal title of the page and content, in the URL, in the headers (H1, H2…), in the meta description and also in the description of the chosen image (ALT Tag attribute). It is not necessary to meet all these requirements at once, as this can lead to over-optimization, a practice that Google considers of little use. You must balance these actions.
- Proper URL. The URL is nothing more than the address that you type in the browser to access any website. You must optimize according to the chosen keyword. Regardless of whether it is a website presentation page, product sales, or blog content, a URL with an embedded keyword directs Google to crawl this same keyword. It is one of the decisive factors of the ranking in the search engine.
- Conquer backlinks. These are the links used by other domains that point to your website. They are one of the main Google ranking factors and have a lot to do with the relevance and authority of a page on the Internet. The more your site has quality backlinks, the better it will rank in the search engine. It is possible to get backlinks with quality content and by writing guest posts for other domains.
Knowing how to position yourself in Google is not a very difficult task. But it is quite challenging because you need to do a series of practices with your website.
In this content you learned that the main ones are the optimization of page loading speed, the production of quality content and the application of SEO techniques based on keywords.
So now that you’ve learned how to look good on search engines, are you ready to take your marketing strategies to the next level?
Know us! We are a high-performance online company in Mexico with offices in Brazil and the United States.