Anyone who has an Internet business, without a doubt wants to appear in the first positions of the search engines. Mainly Google, since it is the most used in Mexico and the United States. And although the process is laborious for competitiveness, there are ways to appear in the search engines and win the best positions in the search engine.
Why improve Google’s location on your site
Conquering the best positions in Google means that your online business will receive a much greater number of visits; and, consequently, it can be recommended to many more users. At the same time, you can also get more out of all this visitor movement.
Google is currently the most widely used search engine in the world. It corresponds to 94% of all organic (unpaid) traffic received by sites that are well ranked there. In this sense, it is more than a great idea that you want to appear in the best positions in the search engine.
Additionally, the top three positions listed on search results pages together are known to account for over 60% of all traffic received on the internet.
Therefore, it is in these positions where you should aspire for your website to appear. Be it a blog, your business page or an online store.
How to start showing up in search engines?
There are some very specific techniques and ways that you can use to improve the overall positioning of your website pages on the internet. Mainly, on Google.
We’ve listed the top 5 tips below to get started today and get your website ranked higher as soon as possible.
Tip 1: Analyze the overall performance of your site
The first tip is to analyze the overall performance of your website. And, with that, identify the elements that may be preventing your site from reaching the most accessed positions in Google.
To do this, we recommend you explore some tools to monitor and evaluate pages.
These pages basically go through all the programming of a domain. They also identify the most and least optimized parts. In addition to pointing out the main flaws and suggesting possible improvements.
Tip 2: increase the performance speed of your website
One of Google’s top ranking factors is the loading speed of a page. To do this, there are some practices you can do to make your site work better; and be compatible to appear in search engines.
Some of the most immediate are:
- Image optimization. It is related to the size and amount of space that your website images occupy on the hosting server. To reduce both, use lightweight formats like GIF (animations), PNG (vectors), and JPEG (general photos). We also recommend combining the quality with the dimensions of the image; Thus, you will be able to occupy only the necessary space of the website design. Also, use compactors like Optimizilla, TinyPNG, and JPEGmini.
- Uninstall unnecessary features. A website needs themes, plugins, resources, and features to stand out on the Internet. However, having too many of them can overwhelm you. To avoid this, disable what you don’t need. You can do it through the control panel of the website itself, or through the panel of the contracted hosting service.
- Use CDN. That is, content delivery networks. These are a group of global servers that, interconnected, speed up the delivery of content, data and information in a fast and secure way. In this way, they optimize this exchange of connections over the Internet and improve the user experience for a specific domain.
Quality web hosting. Choosing the hosting service that suits the user’s needs can be difficult. The ideal is to hire one that stores user data safely, maintaining access speed and constant service performance.
Tip 3: write and publish quality content
When we talk about content, we mean the written part of any website. Whether it’s a news portal, a blog, or an online store, what you write on its pages should be informative.
Now, quality content is one that search engines recognize as something that can be offered as an information tip for users.
That is, the better it is written, the more it will help the visitor to answer a question, In turn, the better it will be optimized for a keyword, thus generating more possibilities for the site to improve its positioning in Google.
Tip 4: optimize your site’s SEO
The follow “SEO”, stand for: Search Engine Optimization.
This practice brings together a series of techniques that optimize pages; and the content of a website to make it more friendly to Google crawlers. In this way, the site will have a better chance of appearing in search engines; since the same algorithms will recommend it.
Now, SEO optimization can be done in several ways. Some of the most common practices are found in the text of the website, in the internal settings of the main pages and even in the images.
And, depending on the level of quality of optimization, it is possible to improve the ranking of the website by combining all these variables.
Some of the most basic SEO tips for website optimization are:
- Choose Keywords. It is important to define keywords that have to do with the intention of looking for user doubts. Here’s how you can create and target content that exactly addresses your biggest challenges and issues. Considering this scheme, it doesn’t make sense to choose random keywords that are not related to your business. For example, if you have a tourism website; It makes no sense to classify terms like “electronic games” or “sugar-free soft drinks.”
- Make sure these keywords are present on the pages. Once you choose your keywords, you need to place them in strategic locations on your site. These strategic locations can be: in the internal title of the page and content; in the URL, in the headers (H1, H2…); in the meta description and also in the description of the chosen image (ALT Tag attribute). It is not necessary to meet all of these requirements at once, as this can lead to over-optimization; practice that Google considers of little use. You must balance these actions.
- Proper URL. The URL is nothing more than the address that you type in the browser to access any website. This must be optimized and appropriate according to the chosen keyword. Regardless of whether it is a presentation page of a website, product sales or blog content; a URL with an embedded keyword tells Google to crawl this same keyword. It is one of the decisive factors of the ranking in the search engine.
- Conquer the backlinks. Backlinks are the links that other domains use and that point to your website. These are one of the main Google ranking factors; and they have everything to do with the relevance and authority of a page on the Internet. The more your site has quality backlinks, the better it will rank in the search engine. It is possible to get backlinks with quality content and by writing guest posts for other domains.
Knowing how to position yourself in Google is not a very difficult task. On the contrary, it is quite challenging because you need to do a series of practices with your website.
In this content you learned that the main ones are: the optimization of page loading speed, the production of quality content and the application of SEO techniques based on keywords.
So now that you’ve learned how to look good in search engines, are you ready to take your marketing strategies to the next level?